“Make a positive difference in someone’s life come join our committed team”
We encourage all applicants to apply online, in person at our Springfield Office by completing an application or by faxing in your cover letter and resume for the position you are interested in. We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Location: Holyoke Office Supervisor: Lauren Jackson
Hours: Relief/Per Diem, afternoon/evening
Responsibilities: The ABA Program at MCS Holyoke is currently looking for an ABA Therapist. Our ABA program provides home and community-based services to children and adults diagnosed with Autism. Responsibilities of the ABA Therapist include, but not limited to:
- Provide in-home and/or out in the community ABA therapy for clients with Autism
- Direct implementation of the Treatment Plans by the BCBA
- Participate in ongoing supervision
- Implement a variety of teaching procedures (e.g., discrete trail, naturalistic teaching, stimulus control, stimulus fading, discrimination training, use of contingency reinforcement)
- Assist with client assessment (e.g., curriculum-based, developmental, social skills, assist with functional assessment procedures, observational recording of behavior and environment)
- Prepare data collection, implement measurement and recording procedures, and maintain data
- Assists in the creation of instructional materials
- Understand essential components of a behavior plan and implement behavioral reduction interventions (e.g., differential reinforcement procedures, extinction procedures)
- Effectively responds to and manages crisis situations which may include physical aggression
- Willingness to learn new software and use of adaptive equipment as appropriate
- Meet client and environmental needs as required (e.g., lifting, bending, crawling, squatting, reaching, toileting, feeding, self-help skills, assisting with personal hygiene needs, and other duties as appropriate)
- Complete necessary documentation and paperwork including session notes, timesheets, travel reports, etc. according to company guidelines.
- Availability to work nights, early mornings, and/or weekends
- Attend training as required
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field preferred; Associate’s degree or equivalent (60 credit hours) required; reliable transportation.
For more information, please contact Lauren Jackson, BCBA at 413-534-3299, Ext. 125 or firstname.lastname@example.org
AWC Program Coordinator
Location: Springfield, MA Supervisor: Lisa Podworski
Status: Part time – 20 hrs. per week Salary: $19.00 – $21.00 per hour
- Meet and learn supports needed for each individual in the AWC program
- Develop a list of relief staff to cover a sick/vacation day
- Develop a survey/questionnaire to determine a family’s need for relief staff
- Assist Director with Program with program oversight, planned activities, expand list of volunteer opportunities, staff recruitment, and provide oversight of hiring process.
- Supervise Case Manager for Springfield/Westfield Area.
Assist Case Managers in the following:
- Research and make connections for volunteer opportunities in the community
- Compile a list of volunteer opportunities/contact information for individuals and staff to access
- Provide oversight for planning of group activities – recruit individuals/staff to plan monthly activities/recruit individuals to mail out flyers
- Post advertisements internal/external for all available positions, review all resumes and applications for potential candidates, schedule interviews for the Case Managers
- Oversee and follow through of hiring process until completed, collect necessary paperwork, make copies for file, check with HR for completed background checks, schedule fingerprinting, schedule Agency orientation, schedule program orientation, schedule trainings for new staff, and schedule three month evaluations
- Must have experience/knowledge working with individuals with a variety of needs
- Must be reliable and flexible to provide hours needed for individuals
- Working knowledge of Microsoft WORD, EXCEL, and PUBLISHER at plus
- Recruitment, interviewing, and program development skills preferred
- Must be organized, creative, and a self starter
- Must attend mandatory trainings and others specific to individuals’ needs.
- Must attend monthly staff meetings
- Must have safe, reliable transportation
- First Aid and CPR trainings are required
- Other trainings provided as required
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred. In lieu of Bachelor’s, 4 years supervisory experience
For more information, please contact Lisa Podworski st 782-2500 x314
Please respond by Friday, March 6, 2020
Behavior Specialist (BCBA Eligible) / Behavior Analyst (ABA)
Location: MCS Springfield Office Supervisor: Karl Krueger
Shift Available: Full Time
Multicultural Community Services (MCS) is an organization that provides support to individuals with developmental disabilities. We’re looking for a caring and knowledgeable individual to join our great organization and help provide services to our developmentally disabled community.
Job duties will include:
Work as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide services to adults with Intellectual Developmental Disorder living in community residential programs. Responsibilities include conducting Functional Behavior Assessments (FBA’s) & Preference Assessments, Behavior Plans and developing training and monitoring Behavior Support Plans as well as other Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS). Additional responsibilities include certified trainers and conducting Safety Care – Behavior Safety Training with residential staff.
- Master’s Degree in Behavior Analysis, Education, Psychology, or other Human Service related field in which an ABAI verified course sequence (BCBA level) was completed.
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) or eligible to take the certification exam.
- Experience working with adults diagnosed with Developmental Disabilities and Mental Disorders.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
CORI/Background check is required.
Please contact Karl Krueger if you have any questions at (413) 782-2500 x324 or email@example.com
Board Certified and Licensed Behavior Analyst
Location: MCS Holyoke Office Supervisor: Lauren Jackson
Shift Available: Full Time
Our ABA program provides home and community-based services that enhance the capacities of individuals with Autism and their families to maximize the quality of life as individuals and members of their community.
- The BCBA/LABA will work with children, adolescents and adults with Autism and their families providing in-home and community-based ABA services. The candidate must be dedicated, reliable, and flexible.
- $1,000 sign-on bonus.
- Provide in-home and/or out in the community ABA therapy for clients with Autism.
- Develop treatment plans that identify specific and measurable objectives.
- Develop, assess, and monitor clinical training as necessary.
- Develop and monitor social skills groups as necessary.
- Collaborate with staff, parents, and other personnel working with clients.
- Provide and monitor RBT and BACB supervision as necessary.
- Interact with funding source contracts which may include initial and continuation of service authorizations and case discussions.
- Conduct initial assessments and reassessments as required.
- Work with clients’ whole families to promote a generalization of acquired skills.
- Monitor the client’s progress and make changes as needed.
- Provide field supervision and training to the ABA Therapist as required for cases.
- Willingness to learn new software and use of adaptive equipment as appropriate.
- Meet client and environmental needs as required (e.g., lifting, bending, crawling, squatting, reaching, toileting, feeding, self-help skills, assisting with personal hygiene needs, and other duties as appropriate).
- Complete necessary documentation and paperwork including session notes, timesheets, travel reports, etc. according to company guidelines.
- Availability to work nights, early mornings, and/or weekends.
- Attend training as required.
- perform other duties as requested.
- Board Certification as a Behavior Analyst by the BACB and licensure as a Behavior Analyst by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts (to be maintained at all times during employment).
- Solid knowledge of the principles of ABA.
- Obtain an NPI number (upon hire)
- Maintain a CAQH profile (upon hire)
- Become credentialed with individual insurance companies (upon hire)
- 1-year experience preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience supervising and training ABA therapists implementing ABA interventions.
- Valid driver’s license and a reliable source of transportation.
Lauren Jackson, Program Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or Karen Fletcher, Administrative Director, email@example.com at 413-534-3299 – Holyoke Office
Family Support Service Navigator
Location: MCS Holyoke Supervisor: Karen Fletcher
Responsibilities: Service Navigators support families who have a family member with an Intellectual Disability. Supports include, but not limited to, case management, accessing generic services, assessing needs, developing Family Support Plans, and providing information and referral. Must have valid driver’s license and dependable vehicle.
- Maintains quality of programming through adherence to agency standards and DDS regulations.
- Service Navigation for the individual/family
- Hiring and supervising direct care staff
- Work closely with DDS Service Coordinators
- Maintain accurate financial records
- Outreach to generic services and other state agencies
- Ensure that all documentation is completed on a timely basis, and other duties as required.
Hours: 40 hours per week
Required Trainings/Skills: Experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities required. Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus, but not required.
For related questions, please call Karen Fletcher at 413-534-3299 ext. 101
Please respond by Friday, February 28, 2020
In-home Clinical Specialist
Supervisor: Julie Arroyo / Michael Romanovitch
Location: MCS Springfield Office Hours Available: 20 hours/week
Responsibilities: Assessments, data collection, reports, treatment plans and interventions, behavioral guidelines, individual and caregiver training, emotional support, consultation/collaboration, and case management.
Qualifications: Master’s Degree in Special Education, Social Work or related Human Services field. Experience/knowledge with individuals with intellectual disabilities required. Working knowledge of Applied Behavioral Analysis and Positive Behavioral Supports preferred but not required.
For more information please contact Michael Romanovitch – firstname.lastname@example.org
IT Unpaid Internship
Supervisor: Jessica Jordan
Location: MCS – All offices Hours Available: 15-30hrs/wk
Responsibilities: MCS is seeking exceptional applicants to participate in our Information Technology Unpaid Internship Program. As an intern, you will be an integral part of a highly collaborative and talented team and you will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects over the course of 3 months. Educational credit may be available, check with your school(s) for requirements. The Duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Assist IT Director with routine IT duties and respond to internal and external users
- Call end users to assist with account login and other matters as needed
- Provide support for hardware/software and other IT maintenance
- Excellent verbal & written communication & organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-starter, ability to resolve issues and research solutions on their own
- Ability to work under pressure and independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to be cross-trained and learn quickly in a hands-on environment
Qualifications: The ideal candidate for this internship will have great customer service skills including the ability to communicate and work well in a team environment. Eligible applicants must have a high school diploma or GED and be currently enrolled in a college degree program that is directly related to the position and be in good academic standing. (Will be required to produce college transcripts and/or class schedule.) Must be able to bend and lift 20-40 lbs, and must have valid driver’s license and own dependable transportation.
Apply now or send your Resume and Cover letter by regular mail or E-mail to:
Carlos Resto, HR Dept,
1000 Wilbraham Road
Springfield, MA 01109
Fax: (413) 439-0237
MCS Translation Services
Supervisor: Carlos Oliva
Location: MCS Holyoke Office Hours Available: Per Diem
MCS Translation Services is hiring interpreters of all languages including Spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese-Mandarin, Chinese-Cantonese, Arabic, Korean, Portuguese, Khmer…All languages.
Interpreter’s positions are Per Diem. This is a great opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives. If you are bilingual, we encourage you to apply.
Qualifications: You must have a Medical interpreter Certificate or any other Certification as an interpreter. High School Diploma and one-year interpreting experience. Fluent in English and the target language.
To Apply: Please send your Resume and Cover letter by regular mail or E-mail to:
MCS Translation Services
260 Westfield Road
Holyoke, MA 01040
Location: Holyoke Office Supervisor: Karen Fletcher
Hours: Mondays – 9 am-5 pm & Tues – Friday – 12 pm-5 pm
Responsibility: Receptionist needed to answer phones and provide basic clerical and administrative assistance. Candidate should be familiar with Microsoft Office and have a working knowledge of Word, Excel, & Outlook. Must be able to work with a diverse population. Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred, but not required.
Requirements: Candidate must have a High School Diploma, 2-3 years of general office experience, good Oral & Written Communication, Excellent Telephone and Interpersonal skills, must be pleasant, patient and have a great eye for detail, must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
For more information please contact Karen Fletcher at 413.534.3299
Residential ABA / HR Clerk
Location: Springfield Main Office Supervisor: Tiffany Chatman/Carlos Resto
Hours Available: Full-Time Monday through Friday 9 am to 5 pm.
Responsibility: Residential ABA/Human Resource clerk needed to perform basic clerical and administrative assistance. Will assist with filing, data entry, communication with Residential Managers and MCS Trainer Coordinator regarding Safety Care training and be a back up to the Receptionist.
Requirements: Candidate must have a high school diploma, 2 years of general office experience, Good Oral and Written Communication, excellent telephone and interpersonal skills, must be pleasant, patient, dependable and have a good eye for details. Candidate should be familiar with Microsoft Office and working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook. Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred, but not required.
CORI/Background check is required upon job offer.
For more information please contact Carlos Resto or Karl Krueger at 782-2500.
Bridging Care for Families, a division of Multicultural Community Services is seeking compassionate RN’s/LPN’s to join our team in keeping the client “comfortable and cared for in their own home”
We are a small, local, Non-Profit Home Health Agency that has been committed to serving our community and its members for more than 17 years. We have continued to operate under the same name, resisting the trend to merge to larger out-of-state national companies. Our agency is deficient free with DPH, and we are Medicare/Medicaid certified.
Our focus of care is providing nursing to medically fragile children and adults. By teaming up with the caregiver in the home, and providing the clients with the 1:1 quality nursing services.
Requirements: Current RN/LPN license in MA in good standing, Respiratory/Trach/Vent and G/J Tube experience.
Hours Available: Below is a listing of all currently available shifts. An * on a weekend shift indicates that it is an every other weekend shift.
Available Private Duty Nursing shifts
|Shift Day||Shift Time||Shift Area|
|Sunday||8:00 a.m - 5:00 p.m||Florence|
|Sunday||11:00 p.m - 7:00 a.m||Springfield|
|Sunday||9:00 a.m - 5:00 p.m||Springfield|
|Sunday||10:00 p.m - 7:00 a.m||Springfield|
|Sunday*||2:00 p.m - 10:00 p.m||Hamden|
|Sunday*||9:00 a.m - 3:00 p.m||Feeding Hills|
|Sunday||8:00 a.m - 5:00 p.m||Northampton|
|Monday||8:00 a.m - 5:00 p.m||Florence|
|Monday||11:00 p.m - 7:00 a.m||Springfield|
|Monday||8:00 a.m - 4:00 p.m||East Longmeadow|
|Monday||9:00 p.m - 7:00 a.m||East Longmeadow|
|Monday||9:00 p.m - 6:00 a.m||Northfield|
|Monday||9:00 a.m - 5:00 p.m||Springfield|
|Monday||10:00 p.m - 7:00 a.m||Springfield|
|Monday||11:00 a.m - 4:00 p.m||Hamden|
|Monday||8:00 a.m - 5:00 p.m||Northampton|
|Monday||9:00 p.m - 7:00 a.m||Springfield|
|Tuesday||8:00 a.m - 4:00 p.m||East Longmeadow|
|Tuesday||9:00 p.m - 6:00 a.m||Northfield|
|Tuesday||10:00 p.m - 7:00 a.m||Springfield|
|Tuesday||8:00 a.m - 10:00 p.m||Feeding Hills|
|Tuesday||9:00 p.m - 7:00 a.m||Springfield|
|Wednesday||8:00 a.m - 5:00 p.m||Florence|
|Wednesday||11:00 p.m - 7:00 a.m||Springfield|
|Wednesday||8:00 a.m - 4:00 p.m||East Longmeadow|
|Wednesday||9:00 p.m - 6:00 a.m||Northfield|
|Wednesday*||9:00 a.m - 5:00 p.m||Springfield|
|Wednesday||8:00 a.m - 5:00 p.m||Northampton|
|Wednesday||9:00 p.m - 7:00 a.m||Springfield|
|Thursday||8:00 a.m - 5:00 p.m||Florence|
|Thursday||8:00 a.m - 4:00 p.m||Feeding Hills|
|Thursday||8:00 a.m - 5:00 p.m||Northampton|
|Thursday||8:00 a.m - 4:00 p.m||East Longmeadow|
|Thursday||10:00 p.m - 7:00 a.m||Springfield|
|Thursday||9:00 p.m - 7:00 a.m||Springfield|
|Friday||11:00 p.m - 7:00 a.m||Springfield|
|Friday||8:00 a.m - 4:00 p.m||East Longmeadow|
|Friday||9:00 a.m - 5:00 p.m||Springfield|
|Friday||5:00 p.m - 10:00 p.m||Hamden|
|Friday||8:00 a.m - 4:00 p.m||Feeding Hills|
|Friday||9:00 p.m - 7:00 a.m||Springfield|
|Saturday||11:00 p.m- 7:00 a.m||Springfield|
|Saturday||9:00 a.m - 5:00 p.m||Springfield|
|Saturday*||9:00 a.m - 3:00 p.m||Feeding Hills|
If interested please send/fax resume to:
Bridging Care for Families/MCS
96 Industry Ave
Springfield, MA 01104
fax (413) 439-0373
Shared Living Provider
Multicultural Community Services of the Pioneer Valley, Inc. is a private non-profit organization established over 30 years ago committed to providing culturally and ethnically responsive supports that enhance the capacities of individuals with developmental disabilities, and their families, to maximize their quality of life as individuals and member of the larger community.
MCS is currently recruiting a provider in the Northampton/South Hadley are who would be willing to share their home with a young woman. As a provider, you would be establishing a supportive relationship that offers opportunities for growth and development. If you feel you are caring, nurturing and flexible, this may be the opportunity for mutual benefits.
Shared Living Providers receive a generous tax-free stipend that reflects the level of care needed by the individual. The agency also provides nursing, clinical and respite support. Emergency on-call assistance is available. Monthly in-home visits from a case manager and comprehensive training for all caregivers are provided.
The young woman is looking to live in Northampton/South Hadley as it would be close to her job in Haydenville working for a dog breeder. She is also seeking additional employment that would enable her to afford to keep her car. She hopes for a dog-friendly home allowing her to bring one or two of her three well cared for dogs. This young woman has many skills and would like to learn more toward the goal of living independently at some point. She is very kind and caring with many interests.
To be considered as a provider you must pass a CORI/Fingerprint background check, have a valid driver’s license and provide references. Candidates should have some experience working in Human Services or supporting individuals with disabilities. Training will be provided to meet the requirements.
If interested please contact Donna Veal at MCS Springfield, (413) 782-2500 ext 369
Location: East Longmeadow, MA Supervisor: Senaida Peguero
Shift Available: (family is flexible)
Monday and/or Friday daytime
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday between 4 & 6 pm
Responsibilities: Looking for a dependable and energetic staff to provide supports to a female individual including recreational & community outings.
- 4 hours weekly or not to exceed 17 hours per month. Staff, navigator, and family will work together to determine weekly or bi-weekly schedules. Staff will take the consumer out in the community to engage in social and recreational activities like; bowling, movies, dinner, museums.
Requirements: Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle. Staff must be dependable.
Training: Provided as required.
For more information please contact Senaida Peguero at 782-2500 ex. 366.